Monday, April 16, 2012

To much politics?


Are we accepting maybe to much, that college has politics instead of as a place that is between customer and seller? I.E. Student is the customer, and the teacher is the seller. I  walk in the middle of the CIT teachers offices, and very lil politics, a lot of job postings things that are useful to those looking at college as a place for job training, and not just a place to talk about society.

Go in the middle of the math department and you are bombarded with politics, 99% stickers, spend on education not war, go into the culinary area, their is one door with a vote for obama sticker.

I understand that the right to say what you think is valuable, but should something like these political bumper stickers all over the teachers hallways and doors ...good?
aShould they instead be putting them INSIDE their office area, or at least on the inside of the door? It is not suppression of freedom of speech, or is it hurting a teachers expression, but when I come down to talk to a teacher, should politics be on their sleeve so much?

I come to the math area, to learn about 1+1 , not if you support a certain politician, personalize your own space, but can I have a lil peace from the world that is so political active and responsive in the hallways, that I come to learn in?

No comments:

Post a Comment